Welcome!

Welcome to the next adventure in my life. Read on about my journey beyond engineering.







Wednesday, March 6, 2013

more than a year later...


remember when i first started this blog i wanted to do something that made a difference? remember when i last left it i said something would come along and find me?

i wanted to do something that used my engineering background to help people in developing countries. and i wanted, ideally, for it to be in central or south america. and i wanted to get my spanish up to snuff and use it. (see a couple of my original posts, “motivation” and "the fam".)

yeah, WELL!

the peace corps thing didn’t work out, despite my best efforts, but something HAS found me, indeed! since the summer i’ve been working with a non-profit called the Appropriate Technology Collaborative.

it turns out there is a name for what i wanted to be doing – helping “the other 90%”: it’s “appropriate technology.” and now i am doing a bunch of things i really wanted to be doing!

in the next few posts, i will be telling you more about ATC and what we are doing, leading up to an exciting trip to Guatemala next week.

but for now, i’m back!

1 comment: