Welcome!

Welcome to the next adventure in my life. Read on about my journey beyond engineering.







Saturday, May 7, 2011

pedir

"pedir" means "to ask" in spanish.  and i am learning that one should always "pedir."

so far in my habitat for humanity experiences, i've gotten to do different things each time and always the coolest stuff available that day.  how?  because i keep asking.  when i ask what's on the docket for the day, i express interest in the best project and then come right out and ask whether i can work on that.  this is especially important as a woman.  although i look and carry myself as if i can hold my own, many of the build leaders are used to most of the women not wanting to handle power tools or not wanting to do the hard core work.  and/or they make that assumption and the women don't object.  so i ask.

so simple and obvious.  we all know it.  but it is amazing to me how well it really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment