Welcome!

Welcome to the next adventure in my life. Read on about my journey beyond engineering.







Saturday, May 14, 2011

habitat #5: it doesn't count unless there's blood

today was demolition day.  we tore out dry wall and an entire bathroom, including the tub.  pretty cool.

my buddy Shari came with me and we had a good, though exhausting, time.  we were the only volunteers there.  Paul was our house leader again (from the very first habitat day), and cut himself again, just like he did the first day.  Shari scraped herself pretty well on a nail, too.  i remain intact, minus that little hammer incident last week.

the overall construction manager for the county, Lynn, came by the site again today and this time she recognized me!  as did Paul and one of the Americorps workers when we first got there.  it's still an exhausting day, but i don't mind cutting my weekend in half by adding a work day to my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment