Welcome!

Welcome to the next adventure in my life. Read on about my journey beyond engineering.







Friday, April 12, 2013

the black cat



the black cat inn (el gato negro) is the hotel where we stayed in Antigua.  it’s a very neat little place.  like many of the restaurants and other establishments there, it is an open-air environment.  the hallways are open to the elements, as is reception and the small bar, and there is even a lounge set into a cubby in the wall.  the whole setup centers on a lush courtyard and there is a deck on the roof.

the black cat is both a hostel and a small hotel, with about six private rooms.  it is a couple blocks from the main square, near everything.  the people are very friendly and they make some excellent breakfasts there!

anyhow, I mostly just wanted to do a post on the black cat to post a few photos, so here they are:
  



courtyard views



 
open-air lounge (with tv)


 


relaxing




 
roof top deck
 
hammock on the edge of the courtyard
  
 
view from the roof top




 
  

and finally... the "suicide shower" -- hey, if you want hot water...



2 comments:

  1. All the flowers make me want to go plant things. Jen and I got some yesterday, so I think I shall go make something green in hopes of capturing some small feeling of the peace this place clearly affords!

    ReplyDelete